New Delhi; 17 January 2010.
A meeting of Markazi Jamiat Ahle Hadeeth’s Executive Body took place at Ahle Hadeeth Complex, New Delhi on January 17, 2010 at 10 A.M. under the chair of Hafiz Muhammad Yahaya, Ameer Jamia’at
AMEER’S OPENING REMARKS:
The proceedings of meeting started with the recitation of Holy Qura’n. In his brief introductory remarks, the Ameer of Markazi Jamiat Ahle Hadeeth, Hind welcomed the members of Executive Body and special invitees to the meeting and said that the meeting is to be held under proper discipline and decorum.
CONFIRMATION OF THE MINUTES OF THE LAST EXECUTIVE BODY MEETING:
The minutes of the last Executive Body Meeting read out by the General Secretary, Markazi Jamiat, Maulana Asghar Imam Mahadi Salafi and confirmed without any hindrance.
REPORT PRESENTED BY GENERAL SECRETARY:
The General Secretary then presented the Report of Activities for the period 2009-2010 til January 16, 2010 and Follow up Action as per the last meeting. The Reports were thoroughly deliberated. Various points and issues relating to the contents of the Reports were raised by the members and clarified.
(a) As per the last General Body Meeting held on April 12, 2009 and its decision organising a Conference on “Azmate Sahaba” in Delhi, the House resolved to hold the same on April 10-11, 2010. All the members supported the issue.
(b) Maulana Muqeem Faizi, Asstt. General Secretary, Markazi Jamiat Ahle Hadeeth Hind was appointed its convener.
(c) Mualana Abdul Qadir Anwar Bastawi, General Secretary, Jamiat Ahle Hadeeth, Eastern U.P. unit, was authorised to select/choose various working members under different heads/sub heads for this magnificent Conference consulting the functionaries of Markazi Jamiat Ahle Hadeeth, Hind.
STATEMENT OF INCOME AND EXPENDITURE FOR THE YEAR 2009-2010 UNTIL JANUARY 2010 AND PROPOSED BUDGET FOR 2010-2011:
The Treasurer, Janab Azhar Waziri, presented the Account for the year 2009-2010 along with proposed budget for the year 2009-2010 along with proposed budget for the year 2010-2011. The Account and proposed budget were discussed in detail. The Treasurer offered the explainations to the points raised by the members. The House asserted the Account transparent and all members approved the budget.
ADOPTED RESOLUTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS:
The House affirmed their faith is Shariah and expressed their conviction that Shariah provides judicious solution of all the problems of human life. They, therefore felt that the solution of these problems lie in the society’s endeavour to bring its practices into conformity with the norms and principles of Islamic Shariah.
In this direction the House resolved to take the following measures and adopted the following resolutions and recommendations:
1. Islam is a universal voice. Its attributes such as sobriety, kindness, equality and cordiality have become a way of life. There is a dire need to propagate Islam and pursue the campaign for educating the people to observe moral and human duties so as to reach a maximum number of people, in a short period of time. The House appeals to Jama’at members and all millate Islamia to come forward inculcating in people the right consciousness and attitudes.
2. The Executive Body of Markazi Jamiat Ahle Hadeeth appeals to the Government, NGOs and social welfare organisations, intellectuals and honourable citizens of this country to take all such measures for the eradication of social and moral evils through intensification of efforts. History has proved time and again that even material progress cannot be sustained if moral decline is not arrested.
3. It expresses its shock over the inflation which is becoming more generalised beyond food prices. The high food prices is the direct result of hoarder, speculators and anchors suspected to be in league with black operators in dealing with the prices of food items. The Govt. should interfere to control the prices or at least fixed minimum prices by offering subsidy on it. Adequate food security is a basic right, a precondition to growth.
4. It expresses its deep anguish over delay in implementation of the Sachar Committee Report and its recommendations in letter and spirit. For minorities upliftment would justify the progress and development of the nation.
5. It showes deep sorrow over repeling Prof. Ranganathan Mishra Commission recommendations and appeal the central and states Governments to implement the same as early as possible.
6. The Executive Body expresses its grief on the unfortunate statement of Ramjethmalani on November 21, 2009 at an International Conference on terrorism in Delhi. He poked fun at Wahabi concept of God and used uncivilised as well as indecent words by calling Saudi Arabia as a hub of terrorism and Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab’s teachings containing elements of terror. His statements were provocative and hurts the sentiments of Muslims. The Executive Body of Markazi Jamait Ahle Hadeeth condemns his statement and emphatically states: Sheikh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab was a reformer, a blessed scholar and prolific Islamists who promoted religious awareness among Muslims and taught Muslims their true faith emphasising them to return to the Holy Qura’n and Sunnah. He also propagated issues of social justice, social welfare and sanctity of human life.
7. It expresses its huge shock on the government’s ambiguious attitude towards not granting the minority status to Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi: The threat by Ministry of Human Resource Development though U.G.C to suspend the grant in case the OBC quota is not executed in Jamia is ungracious and anti minority.
8. It welcomes the ordain of CBI enquiry into the alleged Suhrabuddin Encounter and appeals the central government to take speedy measures against other encounters too. For the conduct of some encounter specialists are dubious. The Executive Body suggests the government to reopen Batla House encounter case and punish the culprits after thorough enquiry.
9. It expresses its sorrow on involvement of senior judicial and army officials behind corruption. The Government should tight monitoring norms or prosecute or take disciplinary action against the high and might found guilty. For judiciary and armed forces should be completely transparent in functioning.
10. It extends its grief and sorrow on the recent earthquake in Haiti (Port-an-Prince) causing lakh of death and large scale devastation as well as condoles the families who lost their kiths and kins. It appeals the international community to assist the victims and affected people to rebuild the country.
11. It sees with great anguish the Israel’s close cooperation with National Security Council of India. It appeals the government not to depart from traditional path of repeling Israel. The House feels the Gvoernment’s stand is against national interest.
12. The House affirms positively the holding of the magnificent conference on the “Azmate Sahaba” on April 10-11, 2010 in Delhi as resolved by the General Body of Jamiat Ahle Hadeeth, Hind on April 12, 2009.
13. The House expresses its deep sorrow over the sudden demise of Dr. Muqtada Hasan Azhari (Rector Jamia Salafia, member General Body and Executive Body of Markazi Jamiat Ahle Hadeeth); Maulana Hakeem Muhammad Muaa’z Salafi (Ex-Principal, Salafia Tibiya College, Darbhanga and member of General Body, Markazi Jamiat Ahle Hadeeth.) and Maulana Abdul Mateen Salafi (President Tawheed Educational Trust). May Allah Almighty accept their good deeds and forgive their shortcomings. May their souls rest in peace. A’meen!
There being no other points to be discussed, the meeting ended with dua.